There’s a fire weather warning that’s been just issued for New South Wales and areas close to Sydney.
re Weather Warning
for the Illawarra/Shoalhaven, Far South Coast, Monaro Alpine, Southern Ranges and Southern Slopes fire areas
Issued at 3:45 pm EDT on Friday 31 January 2020.
Warm and windy conditions are bringing elevated fire dangers to the southeastern parts of New South Wales on Friday and Saturday.
For the rest of Friday 31 January:
Very High Fire Danger in the following fire areas:
Monaro Alpine, Southern Ranges and Southern Slopes
For Saturday 1 February:
Severe Fire Danger is forecast for the following fire areas:
Illawarra/Shoalhaven, Far South Coast, Monaro Alpine, Southern Ranges and Southern Slopes
The NSW Rural Fire Service advises you to:
- Action your Bushfire Survival Plan now.
- Monitor the fire and weather situation through your local radio station, www.rfs.nsw.gov.au and www.bom.gov.au.
- Call 000 (Triple Zero) in an emergency.
The Rural Fire Service advises that if you are in an area of Severe Fire Danger:
- If you plan to leave finalise your options and leave early on the day
- Only stay if your home is well prepared and you can actively defend it
- Prepare for the emotional, mental and physical impact of defending your property – if in doubt, leave.
For information on preparing for bushfires go to www.rfs.nsw.gov.au.
The next warning will be issued by 5:00 am EDT Saturday.
The Sydney News Authors