Fire Weather Warning
for the Greater Hunter, Greater Sydney Region and Central Ranges fire areas
Issued at 4:18 am EDT on Sunday 1 December 2019.
Hot, dry and windy conditions across parts of New South Wales will result in elevated fire dangers today.
For the rest of Sunday 1 December:
Severe Fire Danger is forecast for the following fire area:
Very High Fire Danger is forecast for the following fire areas:
Greater Sydney Region and Central Ranges
The NSW Rural Fire Service advises you to:
- Action your Bushfire Survival Plan now.
- Monitor the fire and weather situation through your local radio station, www.rfs.nsw.gov.au and www.bom.gov.au.
- Call 000 (Triple Zero) in an emergency.
The Rural Fire Service advises that if you are in an area of Severe Fire Danger:
- If you plan to leave finalise your options and leave early on the day
- Only stay if your home is well prepared and you can actively defend it
- Prepare for the emotional, mental and physical impact of defending your property – if in doubt, leave.
For information on preparing for bushfires go to www.rfs.nsw.gov.au.
The Sydney News Authors