There is a very high risk of bushfires in and around Sydney and other parts of NSW.
The authorities are extremely concerned about bushfires tomorrow.
There will be a perfect combination of high winds, hot temperatures and dry bush that could spark fires.
Sydney Bushfires : warning ⚠️ notice
Fire Weather #Warning #NSW Tues.
EXTREME: Greater Hunter
SEVERE: Nth Coast, Greater Sydney, Illawarra/ Shoalhaven, Far Sth Coast, Monaro Alpine, Sthn & Central Ranges, New England, Nthn Slopes, Nth Westn, Upper & Lower Central West Plains, Sthn Slopes, Eastn Riverina & Far West
The elevated fire danger tomorrow (Tue) comes as a front brings strong, gusty winds to southern and western parts & heat spikes. A gusty southerly change will move up the southern coast, reaching Sydney ~midnight Tue/Wed.
More from the NSW rural fire service:
The NSW Rural Fire Service advises you to:
- Action your Bushfire Survival Plan now.
- Monitor the fire and weather situation through your local radio station, www.rfs.nsw.gov.au and www.bom.gov.au.
- Call 000 (Triple Zero) in an emergency.
The Rural Fire Service advises that if you are in an area of Severe Fire Danger:
- If you plan to leave finalise your options and leave early on the day
- Only stay if your home is well prepared and you can actively defend it
- Prepare for the emotional, mental and physical impact of defending your property – if in doubt, leave.
For information on preparing for bushfires go to www.rfs.nsw.gov.au.
The next warning will be issued by 5:00 am EDT Tuesday.
Video: Sydney Fires risk
The Sydney News Authors